Information We Collect Online
Information You Provide. We collect information that you provide to us through applications, online forms and calculators, surveys and other communications. For example, we collect your information when you:
- make information available to us via social networking logins, such as Facebook or Twitter;
- participate in chats, web forums or other interactive sessions;
- subscribe to newsletters or provide feedback;
- participate in surveys, sweepstakes or other promotions;
- conduct searches through the Site;
- access other applications and services from this site, such as applying for a job
- request additional information.
This information may include name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, and other information.
Information regarding your use of this Site may be collected and/or aggregated through the use of automated means. This information may include:
- your IP address, and the type of browser and operating system used;
- date and time you access the Site and the pages you visit, and, if you linked from or to another website, the address of that website;
- email you open and links you click on within those emails;
- the duration of your use and the features and content you access; and
- information regarding your ISP or mobile carrier, and the type of handheld or mobile device that you used.
Data Technologies. Various technologies may be used to automatically collect information on the Site, such as cookies, web beacons and local shared objects. “Cookies” are small identifiers sent from a web server that are stored on your device for the purpose of identifying your browser or storing information or settings in your browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, connects web pages to web servers and their cookies. “Local shared objects,” sometimes known as Flash cookies, may be used to personalize your visit by storing your preferences or displaying content based upon what you have viewed on various websites. Anonymous advertising identifiers may be used on mobile devices and otherwise in a manner similar to cookies. We refer to these types of technologies generally as “Data Technologies,” which include today’s technologies and similar types of technologies as they evolve over time.
One or more Data Technologies may be used by us on this Site and other websites and mobile applications (including websites that may not be operated by Xevant). Third parties, who may have their own privacy policies, may also use Data Technologies to collect information on this or other websites.
When you download or use apps or mobile-optimized websites to access our site or online services (“Mobile Sites”), we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device, device settings, analytical information about how you use your mobile device, and other information that may be stored on or accessed through your mobile device, including from apps not operated by Xevant or from other devices connected to your mobile device. This information helps us provide you with location-based services, advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services by accessing the device’s settings menu.
Publicly Posted Information. Information that you make available to us and others via social media networks, forums, blogs, chat rooms or similar functionality is information that we or others may share or use in accordance with the law.
Combined Information. We may combine the information you provide us with the other information that we collect about you.
How We May Use the Information We Collect
We may use information we collect for a variety of purposes, including the following:
- for our everyday business purposes, such as establishing and administering your policy, contract or account, providing information you request and providing customer support;
- to evaluate your eligibility for such products or services;
- to provide you with up to date information regarding the Site, your policies, contracts or accounts, including changes to terms and conditions and/or other administrative information;
- for special events, programs, surveys, contests, sweepstakes and other offers or promotions, some of which may have additional rules or provisions addressing how your personal information is used or shared;
- to develop new products and services and analyze the effectiveness of products, services, applications and websites;
- to deliver marketing communications that we think may interest you, including, ads or offers tailored to you;
- to deliver content (including advertising) correlating to your interests and browsing and usage history, both within this Site and on other websites and applications;
- to comply with the law and legal advice;
- to prevent fraud and enhance security;
- to allow you to utilize features within our Sites by granting us access to information from your device such as contact lists, or geolocation when you request certain services;
- to provide you with location-based services, advertising, search results, and other personalized content;
- to contact you via telephone, text or chat; and
- for other purposes permitted by law or to which you consent.
We may also use data that we collect on an aggregate or anonymous basis (such that it does not identify any individual visitor) for various business purposes, where permissible under applicable laws and regulations.
Xevant participates in a number of social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, which allow their users to create, share and exchange content and information. Any information that you post on a social media platform is also subject to the privacy policies of that social media network. These platforms may share your information with us in identifiable or aggregated form. Your use of any Xevant social media sites is also subject to the Xevant Social Media Participation Guidelines.
We may partner with advertising networks that deliver targeted advertisements to consumers, including advertisements with links to Xevant websites, and generate related statistics and metrics. These ad networks may utilize information collected through a variety of Data Technologies to provide advertising placement, customization, auditing, research and reporting for us, our affiliates and other advertisers. This data collection takes place over time, both on this Site and on third-party websites and mobile applications and includes information such as number of page visits, pages viewed on our Sites, search engine referrals, browsing activities over time and across other sites following your visit to one of our Sites or apps, and responses to advertisements and promotions on the Sites and on sites and apps where we advertise. In some cases, we have access to the information gathered by the Data Technologies used by the ad networks on our Sites. This process allows us and third parties to deliver targeted advertising (online and offline), enhance marketing programs and help track the effectiveness of such efforts.
Advertising networks, which may have their own privacy policies, determine how they use this information, including for purposes such as determining or predicting the characteristics and preferences of their advertising audiences and measuring the effectiveness of their advertising. We do not respond to Do Not Track signals or other similar mechanisms.
Information We Share
We may share your personal information with third parties and affiliates as permitted or required by law, or when you authorize us to do so. For example, we may share your information:
- with our corporate affiliates, for example, for their everyday business purposes, to provide services or to perform marketing;
- with service providers who we engage to provide services offered through this site or on our behalf, including providers who help us operate our business and fulfill orders;
- with marketing partners, including analytics companies and advertising networks who provide Data Technologies on our website; and
- in order to protect the interests, property, or legal rights of ourselves, our affiliates, our customers, or members of the public.